Here’s something that’s not quite paleo….I had some sour cream in the fridge that needed to be used and some leftover baby spinach and cauliflower. A quick flick through some recipe books to get some ideas and “nearly paleo creamy chicken spinach” was born!
It’s Winter here in Adelaide which is why I am loading up on the garlic in this recipe (and because I love it!). For those of you on strict paleo, you could replace the sour cream with a little coconut cream.
What you need (serves 2):
- 400g chicken mince
- 300g baby spinach
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 540g cauliflower
- 1 tbs poppy seeds
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup roughy chopped parsley
How to make it:
- In a heavy based casserole dish or saucepan heat the olive oil and add the onion and garlic over a medium heat. Gently cook the onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes until has softened.
- Add the chicken mince to the pan and cook through, this should take about 10 minutes.
- Blitz the cauliflower in the food processor until it looks like rice.
- Put the cauliflower in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until the cauliflower has cooked.
- Add the baby spinach to the chicken and stir through until it wilts, then add the sour cream and stir through on a gentle heat.
- Drain the cauliflower rice and squeeze out all the water out of it. To the cauliflower add the lemon juice, poppy seeds and parsley and stir through.
- Serve the creamy chicken and spinach on the cauliflower rice and enjoy!
Don’t forget to look us up on Facebook to keep up to date with all the latest recipes! ~ Tors x